Laser hair removal is a type of cosmetic procedure; it uses a device that uses an intense pulsated light to remove unwanted hair by killing the hair follicles. This article will tell you everything you need to know before undergoing laser hair removal in Glasgow.
The most common areas that get treated with laser hair removal include;
- Bikini line
Some of the advantages of laser hair removal include;
- Although laser hair removal rarely removes hair forever, it can drastically reduce hair growth to the point where shaving is no longer required.
- You can get it done anywhere on your body with no limitations.
- The machine can cover large areas at a time so the treatment shouldn’t take too long.
- Depending on your pain threshold, laser hair removal be as painful as shaving all the way up to as painful as waxing. But don’t worry, technicians can provide you with ice before and after to reduce pain. As treatments continue the hair will get progressively finer, meaning the treatment becomes less painful.
Depending on where you get the treatment, how many sessions are required and the clinic you decide to go to will all alter the price of laser hair removal. But for the average price in the UK, you could be looking at anywhere between £40-£400.
When it comes to the number of sessions, it is recommended that you undergo treatment 4-6 times, treatment should be spaced between 4-6 weeks apart. Your practitioner can recommend what they think will be right for you.
Laser hair removal will not always work for everyone and there is no guarantee that it will remove hair follicles completely.
When it comes to any type of cosmetic procedure, it’s important that safety comes first. Ensure that the clinic you go to is reputable and the practitioner providing the treatment is fully trained and qualified. Dr Darren McKeown is one of the best in the business when it comes to laser hair removal in Glasgow.
It is also important to follow any advice that they give you before and after undergoing treatment, if not it is possible to damage your skin.
What’s Involved In Laser Hair Removal Glasgow?
- Laser hair removal is not like waxing, you’ll have to shave the area before treatment, if you don’t or forget then you will most likely be asked to do it at the clinic, but this wastes time.
- You’ll be given special goggles to protect your eyes during treatment.
- You will not require a local anaesthetic to undergo this treatment although ice, cooling spray or cool gel may be applied to the affected areas.
- The handheld hair removal device is placed on the skin and the button is pressed. This should feel similar to an elastic band getting snapped on your skin.
- Sessions can take 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the treatment area.